If you work or worked at Sapphire please click below
We are currently fighting to change a proposed class action settlement for minimum wages and house fees for dancers who worked at Sapphire Gentleman’s Club in Las Vegas after October 31, 2014. That proposed class action settlement will settle the claims of over 800 dancers, but pay over 750 of those dancers nothing, pay $1,440,000 to the attorneys who are claiming they are properly representing the dancers, and pay $308,066 to only 45 dancer class members. This proposed settlement will pay the lawyers over 400% more than the dancers they are supposed to be representing! We believe this settlement is very unfair and the dancers deserve a far better deal. We are interested in speaking with dancers at other gentleman’s clubs about their potential claims for unpaid minimum wages and house fees and any class action settlements they have recently been advised about.
A 2016 Class Action Settlement of Sapphire Dancers' Claims Resulted in a Payment of $2,000,000 to the Attorneys and Payments to less than 6% of the Sapphire Dancer Class Members
A similar class action settlement against Sapphire in 2016 resulted in the payment of $2,000,000 to the attorneys for a class of over 10,900 Sapphire dancers. Those attorneys included the law firm that employed one of the attorneys who is now proposing the current settlement. Under that 2016 settlement, five Sapphire dancers each received $25,000 and a total of $3,875,000 was “made available” to pay the claims actually submitted by the other Sapphire dancer class members. It has never been disclosed how much of that $3,875,000 was actually paid by Sapphire to the Sapphire dancer class members, but:
(1) Only 633 of 10,929 Sapphire dancer class members, or 5.8% of the class members, successfully made claims in the 2016 settlement;
(2) While notices were mailed out to 10,929 Sapphire dancer class members 4,134 of those notices were returned as undeliverable, meaning over 37% of those class members never received a claim form in the mail from that mailing.
Sapphire, and the attorneys representing the Sapphire dancer class, never publicly disclosed the amount of money actually claimed by the Sapphire dancer class members and paid to them by Sapphire. If it was equal to the 5.8% claims rate for the class members Sapphire paid the dancer class members a total of $224,750. If it was double that claims rate (the 5.8% of the dancer class members filing claims were actually entitled to 11.6% of the funds available to pay all class members because they had danced for longer periods of time at Sapphire) Sapphire paid those dancer class members a total of $449,500.
As the foregoing explains, while Sapphire under the 2016 settlement “made available” $3,875,000 to pay the dancer class members’ claims, it very likely paid only a minority of that amount to the dancers. Because it has never been disclosed what was actually paid to the dancers the attorneys for the Sapphire class member dancers may have received from Sapphire over four times the amount it actually paid to the Sapphire class member dancers under the 2016 settlement ($2,000,000 to those attorneys and less than $500,000 to the Sapphire dancer class members those attorneys were representing).
If you work for a Gentleman’s club and feel you are owed wages, or if you have been recently notified of a settlement for such work that you feel may not be fair, we would be interested in hearing from you. You may communicate with us anonymously and confidentially. You can telephone 702-383-6085 or respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
About the Law Office of Leon Greenberg
Leon Greenberg has been representing workers owed unpaid minimum wages and other unpaid wages for over 29 years. You can find out information about him and his law practice at his website, overtimelaw.com, his office’s facebook page and his youtube channel. He has never represented employers.
This website sets forth the opinions of Leon Greenberg and those opinions should not be assumed to be established as facts or to constitute legal advice or legal conclusions of any sort; no findings of any misconduct or improper or unfair actions by Sapphire Gentlemen’s Club or SHAC LLC or by any attorneys mentioned on this website have been made by any Court or other agency. None of the information set forth on this page should be considered legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed by reading this page. Before taking action on any legal rights you may have you should always consult with an attorney about your particular situation and not rely solely on information from this website or from any other source. This website is for Leon Greenberg Professional Corporation, Attorney at Law, 2965 S. Jones Boulevard, Suite E-3, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89146 (702) 383-6085. This is an advertisement.